Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekend

Saturday I spent all morning with my daughter. Watched a couple of movies and checked some stats on my websites. I started updating this blog as my daughter took a nap beside me.

I love the summer months because I get to sit outside with my laptop and work. My daughter was too young last year to play outside, but I'm sure this summer we will enjoy it quite a bit.

So ,I'm starting to write a few new articles for my publication. I've already written over a hundred over the last year for newsletters I've sent out, but I'm not so sure they convey the message for that first publication print. I don't have any idea which to use for the first print. I'm thinking of asking a writer friend of mine to give me a hand on the subject.

I posted an ad on craigslist looking for people who work from home to interview for a featured story and have so many responses that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the choices. I guess its better than not having any content.

Sunday was pretty much a day off.

Spent most of my day out enjoying the sunshine. After tucking my daughter in, I placed some ads, checked website stats, emailed some clients and publishers and sipped a cup of sleepy time tea and started planning the layout of my publication.

I'm still a bit unsure of when to launch my publication, but I'm sure it will all come together.

Things to do before publishing

1. keep up with existing businesses

2. choose editor
3. finalize layout of newsprint
4. decide which stories to print
5. verify stories for printing
6. request final drafts from advertisers
7. remember to take time off
8. decide on printing shop
9. blog every day
10. get a proof printed.
11. finalize areas of distribution
12. clean up website before first publication is out.
13. Breathe
14. organize a lunch party
15. print


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: