Saturday, May 17, 2008

Intro

After many requests from my 9-5 working friends, my colleagues and newsletter subscribers I finally decided to start a blog so they can keep updated on the daily musings of being a work at home mom.

The one thing I'm asked time and time again is what do you do really?

Its really not that hard to explain...

I make money online by simply doing what anyone does on a daily basis.

huh?

I do nothing different than what most people do when they sit in front of their computer and chat with their friends about the hottest new product they bought, a coupon they found or a service they found helpful. The difference is that I get paid for doing it.


In short, I generate leads for companies looking for more customers or members. I advertise online and bring new subscribes each month to join my newsletters where I share tips about how to work from home. I also consult companies wanting to take their off line product or service and help them launch it online.

The twist is...after working from home for 8 years, now that I'm a mom it's become more challenging.

The many requests I get from people is not really about wanting to know so much about what I do, but how I do it with all the family commitments and other businesses we also run.

Yes, we - because my husband also works from home with me.

It's a wonderful thing and a challenging thing at the same time. Working from home with your partner and young child is not an easy thing to balance along with family time and just general sanity time.

But I would not give up the moments of work at home stress for the 9-5 work stress.

I was just calculating for a friend who spends 3 hrs commuting each day.

1.5 hrs each way 5 days a week is 15 hrs a week of commute


That's 60 hrs a month.


That's 720 hrs a year.

That's 30 full 24 hr days of someone's life.

Imagine doing that for 20 years.


Well ... am I glad that I do work from home and have that extra month every year to spend with my daughter.

No comments: